A SPECIAL REQUEST TO U.S. CITIZENS AND ALL OTHER READERS: “DEFERRED ACTION” TO PERMIT YOUNG MIGRANTS TO REMAIN IN U.S.:
This is a special request addressed to the members of Rebbapragadas Group residing in the United States. I would ask all other readers to read this post and take the action requested after giving it your careful consideration. All residents of the United States are entitled to certain Freedoms guaranteed by The Constitution of The United States of America which include the Right to Life and Freedom of Speech. At the same time, we recognize that we live and exist because of Divine Providence.
U.S. President Obama has announced on June 15 that he would permit Young Migrants to remain in U.S. under a proposed initiative called ‘Deferred Action’. His bold and compassionate action to help migrants who had arrived in the United States as children to some extent makes the ‘DREAM ACT’ to come true in the lives of several students who have entirely grew up here. “They are Americans in their heart, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper,” President Obama said in announcing the new policy in the White House Rose Garden on Friday, June 15, 2012. These are young people who, though no fault of their own, were brought to this country as children, lacked the intent to violate the law and be provided relief from administrative action like removal from the country. Secretary Napolitano has issued a policy directive to implement the decision made by the U.S. President. It has been proposed to set the age limit at 30 years. There are graduate students who have arrived in this country as children and have remained here all their lives and have crossed this age limit of 30 years.
I am seeking your kind attention to the problems faced by these graduate students who are not able to seek employment benefit and need immediate relief. They can significantly contribute to the society on the basis of their education and qualifications they earned while studying in the U.S. Colleges and Universities. Current students must be given age relaxation and be permitted to apply for ‘Deferred Action’ under the new initiative of President Obama.
Please call your U.S. Senator and U.S. House Representative or forward this letter to their e-mail address and request them to contact Mr. James McCament, Chief of the USCIS Office of Legislative Affairs to make the necessary amendment to the 30-Year Age limit proposed by Secretary Napolitano in her Policy Directive and Memorandum issued on June 15, 2012.
Many thanks for giving your kind attention to this problem.
“DEFERRED ACTION” AND SPIRITUAL ACTION :
The Indian tradition is derived from the principles shared by Vedanta. The Divine Song known as ‘The Bhagavad Gita’ in Chapter XVIII, Moksha Upadesa Yoga(The Perfection of Renunciation), verses 13 and 14 state that according to Vedanta, there are five causes in the accomplishment of any kind of action; 1. The place of action; 2. The doer; 3. The senses; 4. The endeavor; and ultimately 5. The Supersoul or The Supreme Will. The executive action taken by President Obama is in the nature of a Spiritual action. I describe Spiritualism and Spirituality as the potency that generates Peace, Harmony, and Tranquility in the living experience of an individual and this quality is reflected in the actions, interactions within the individual, and between individuals of a social group, or social community. I support the ‘DREAM ACT’ and it is Spiritual Action that promotes Peace, Harmony, and Tranquility in the lives of those young individuals who still exist as ‘MIGRANTS’ without Immigration Status.
Dr. R. Rudra Narasimham, B.Sc., M.B.B.S.,
Ex- Number. MS-8466 Rank Lieutenant/Captain AMC/SSC,
Medical Officer, South Column, Operation Eagle(1971-72),
Ex- Number. MR-03277K Rank Captain/Major AMC/DPC
Medical Officer, Headquarters Establishment No. 22 C/O 56 APO(1971-74),
Directorate General of Security,
Office of Inspector General Special Frontier Force,
East Block V, Level IV, R. K. Puram,
New Delhi – 110 022
- DHS – Deferred Action Process for Young People Who Are Low Enforcement Priorities (bespacific.com)
- Obama Announces Relief for DREAMers (newamericamedia.org)
- ImmigrationTALK: Obama Announced Deferred Action for Young Immigrants in U.S. (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- Obama bans some immigrant deportations, bypasses Congress (thehindu.com)
- Obama ‘s Reprieve for DREAMers While Same-Sex Binational Couples Languish as Exiles & Outcasts (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Napolitano to announce immigration policy changes (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama Administration To Stop Deporting Younger Undocumented Immigrants And Grant Work Permits (huffingtonpost.com)
- Spiritualism – for Peace Harmony and Tranquility (bhavanajagat.com)
- Whole Dude – Whole Spirituality (wholedude.com)
- Spiritualism – the Positive Science of Spirituality (bhavanajagat.com)
- Spiritualism – the Biological Basis of Spirituality (bhavanajagat.com)
- Spiritualism and Materialism (bhavanajagat.com)
- Spiritualism – the Molecular Basis of Spirituality (bhavanajagat.com)
- Whole Dude – Whole Action (wholedude.com)
- A Breakdown of DHS’s Deferred Action for DREAMers (hispanicallyspeakingnews.com)
- Spiritualism – the Past Is Never Dead (bhavanajagat.com)