SPECIAL FRONTIER FORCE – OPERATION EAGLE 1971 – CHITTAGONG HILL TRACTS – BANGLADESH LIBERATION WAR :
The late Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi had initiated the Liberation of Bangladesh during 1971 by planning and executing the battle plan of ‘Operation Eagle’, the military action in Chittagong Hill Tracts. In recognition of outstanding contribution to the country’s War of Liberation, Bangladesh conferred posthumously on Indira Gandhi the ‘Swadhinata Sammanona'(Freedom Honor Award), the highest State Honor.
At a function held at Bangabhaban(President’s House), Dhaka on Monday, August 01, 2011, President Zillur Rahman gave the ‘Freedom Honour Award’, the highest State Honor to Sonia Gandhi, the Chairperson of United Progressive Alliance( UPA ), the leader of India’s Congress Party. Bangladesh’s Prime Minister Sheikha Hasina, State Minister for Liberation War Affairs Captain(Retired) A B Tajul Islam, other cabinet ministers, and dignitaries were present at this function.
I had asked Government of India to give its permission to disclose the battle plan of Operation Eagle, the military action in Chittagong Hill Tracts during 1971 which had initiated the Liberation of Bangladesh.
Dr. R. R. Narasimham, B.Sc., M.B.B.S.,
Ex Number MS-8466 CAPTAIN AMC/SSC
Medical Officer South Column Operation Eagle 1971
Headquarters Establishment Number. 22 C/O 56 APO.
- Operation Eagle – a Letter to Union Minister of State for Defence (bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Operation Eagle – Registration of Public Grievance (bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- The Battle Plan of Operation Eagle – Permission for Disclosure (bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Operation Eagle – an Open Letter to Government of India (bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Operation Eagle – a Letter to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh (bhavanajagat.wordpress.com)
- Special Frontier Force-operation Eagle-gallantry Award (bhavanajagat.com)